Sunday 1 January 2012

New Year's Message

I left before Christmas with a poem I hoped would get people writing poetry in the New Year, and more generally getting engaged in the things they cared about through there writing. You can see the words to Alibi here.

I thought I'd start the New Year as I hope to go on, with a video. I hope you enjoy it. I'd obviously love if you shared (the YouTube page is here - if you have a YouTube channel let me know and I'll subscribe), and if you do, please encourage people to leave their own poems in the responses - I hope you'll do that here. If you do, I'll take it you're OK with me putting the poem/prose/penning of whatever kind on my playpit homepage here.

Anyway, here it is. And weighing in at 2 minutes 57 seconds it's a fair bet you'll hear it at a slam near you some time this year!

5 comments:

  1. "Every pair of lips becomes a choir..." What a great line.

    Have a good 2012 Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too. I hope it's fabulous for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great 2012, Dan.

    My internet connection is having hissy fit at the moment, so am borrowing friend's wifi to catch up - will watch your poem when I'm properly reconnected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes complete sense!It sounds like a great book. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always interesting to read all the comments and informative news and site news, etc. Thanks for all the responses and topics.

    ReplyDelete