Monday 26 October 2009

The View From the Shoe: Lilian Wu

Lilian Wu (http://twitter.com/luthieawu) is the driving force behind the wonderful Aspiring Mangaka and Writers' Club. Hi, Lilian:

Hi everyone~! It's a great pleasure to be here, thanks to Dan. I go by many names on the WWW but you can just call me moon, which is short for moontique. =3 Ever since I discovered the internet, my online presence has been growing steadily as I create blogs to satisfy my craving for writing. It's almost like an addiction and one that I'm happy to indulge. My most successful blog to date is the Aspiring Mangaka & Writers Club (http://amwc.wordpress.com) where I blog writing/mangaka-ing related posts to encourage people to step closer to their dream of being published. It takes up a great deal of time and it doesn't earn me revenue but at the end of the day, I'm happy I'm helping people fulfill their dearest dreams. =3
Hope you guys enjoy the interview and oh, you can also catch me on these other blogs:
http://dreamsofluthiea.wordpress.com
http://thechicrevolution.blogspot.com
http://happydates.blogspot.com

Thank you so much for your time. So, Louboutin or Converse?
Actually, I'm not much of a brand person. LOL. As long as the shoes look pretty, fit comfortably (no high heels!) and fall within my price comfort zone, I don't mind buying it.

Why is there no one in the world who does it quite like you?
For some reason, I have the ability to make people enthusiastic about my projects. Maybe it's the very excited way I talk about them. =x

What do you really, really love about it?
I get to write about my passion, have people hang on my every word and meet lots of interesting folks from all over the world~!

A bit more time in the day, or a bit more money in the bank?
I don't mind a bit more money in the bank. =x It's not fun to be living from hand to mouth every month.

Imagine you “make it”. You wake up, and imagine the day ahead. Tell us about breakfast.Two words.
MacDonald's pancakes. =3

What’s your Jimmy Choo? And what’s just cobblers?
As weird as it sounds, I'm not much of a shoes woman. =x I don't really collect shoes and I don't go crazy over shoe sales. Only when I have spare cash to spend, do I really go crazy over them.

Tell us about the last time a fan made you feel 100 feet tall.
I once wrote a post about being a writer in Singapore. To my surprise, I found many readers agreeing with me through their comments on the blog. It may sound like a very simple thing but when you get a comment on your post, you stop feeling like you're blogging for nothing and you start to feel loved.

Independent and poor, or under contract and rich?
Under contract and rich. Like I said, you can't be creative when you constantly have to worry about your financial status.

Do you remember that bit on Play Away where Brian Cant stood behind people and did the actions whilst they spoke? If you could choose anyone to stand behind you and do the actions to your sales pitch, who would it be and why?
My boyfriend. He does deadpan very well and I'm always for deadpan humour. Although it might take some persuading (and bribing) to get moving. =x

Frocks or socks?
Frocks...especially those that flatters my figure. LOL.

Thanks!! Lilian

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Moon. I'm glad someon else loves MacDonald's pancakes :-)

    You get people enthusiastic about what you do because you're fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilian really is fantastic, and it's great to hear from her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work.
    shoes supero com

    ReplyDelete
  4. YtempcapMcastbu Tiffany Jones Crack
    tainincospdo

    ReplyDelete